Wednesday, December 16, 2009

San Francisco: Day 1

I got home from England just about two weeks ago and after the first few days I ran out of things to do. So, since I am unemployed and the semester is over I decided to come up to San Francisco to visit Jonathan and let him show me around.

The City Hall building. I saw it from a distance and thought it was a cathedral.
(I'm taller in this picture!!!! Shhhh, don't tell Johnny. ;) )

This morning we went to the California Academy of Science and wandered around the rainforest for a little while. We got to see some way cool animals, such as

some parrots!! They were fighting over some food and it was entertaining to watch.

The rainforest also had butterflies flying around. It was way cool.

One of San Francisco's cable cars.

We also entered our names into the daily lottery to get Wicked tickets for a very cheap price. You show up at the theatre two and a half hours early and they put all the names into a bucket and they draw about a dozen or so names and we got called!!!! So we had orchestra seats and as the lights were going down we were even able to move closer to the middle and we got even better seats for such a great price!!!
And, Kare, I think the problem when I saw it in London was a combination of finals and exhaustion adding up to my not really liking it. But, on the flight home I listened to Wicked for a couple hours and as I was not in the middle of finals today nor was I exhausted, I do like Wicked now. And it was a great show.

And as we were leaving the theatre we ran into Fiyero!!!! Nice guy and quite cute! :) :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear it Em! I knew you just needed to give Wicked a chance. You crack me up, such a born tourist. I would be excited to just relax after trekking around London for months, but no, you are off on another adventure. (I was totally noticing how you were taller than Jonathan in that picture before I even read what you wrote!)

    ReplyDelete