Thursday, November 4, 2010

Disneyland 2010

This past Wednesday, November 3rd, Momma, Dadda and I went to Disneyland. I love going with Mom and Dad. They're full of stories about when they went as kids with their families and when we've gone as a family. We wanted to go after all the Halloween decorations were down and surprisingly, some of the Christmas decorations were beginning to go up.

The castle looked beautiful as always with snow capped turrets and garlands. I've never been at Disneyland with Christmas decorations before and the decorations are not fully up but it was still very beautiful to see as it's a decorating work-in-progress.

We saw many familiar faces but only waited to see a very small handful. In consequence all our pictures of the characters are with other people's kids.

I remember Jasmine waving at me once during a parade when I was 4. She's so pretty. And Aladdin was pretty cute, too.

Wednesday's weather was pretty freaky for November weather, even in Orange County. It was 96 degrees and sunny the whole day without a single breeze. Gorgeous day. So we went on Splash Mountain and got completely soaked. I mean completely soaked.

Some of the handful of characters we waited to see were Tigger, Pooh Bear, and Eeyore. (If you know me, you understand why we waited for them and not many others.)

Every picture I have with these guys I'm always wet. They hang out right next to the exit of Splash Mountain so naturally we wait in the sun, attempting to dry off, to see them.

Isn't he just so cute?

Mickey, today in his Band Director getup, was the only other character we waited in line to see. Cause, you know, it's Mickey!

Dadda remembers the Autopia race track from when he was a kid. Not nearly as much fun as when you were 10 and actually thought you were really driving the car.
They gave him a girly, pink car!

Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!!

The coolest duck I know.

And the Main Mouse himself out wandering Main Street in very fashionable tails.

Next to Junior, the most loyal dog around.

I was Minnie Mouse one year for Halloween. She's just so cute and sweet.

And here's to Johnny. Oxymoron anybody?

Getting Mom and Dad to stand for a picture is like sending Dad to the dentist. It was so hot we had to get ice cream to cool off.

The castle lit up at night.


Such a magical place.

2 comments:

  1. SO FUN!!!!

    I would love to experience Disneyland in all it's Christmas glory!
    Don't you just love that little girl, Princess feeling you get when you walk through the gates?

    It truly is the Happiest place on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so young in that pic with buzz lightyear!

    ReplyDelete