Tuesday, June 28, 2011

In The Beginning...

We left Lancaster Sunday morning at 6:33 am Cali time and made it to Orlando, FL at around 4 am East Coast time Tuesday morning. Long drive, long days but we made it safely. We had amazing luck with traffic by only having one major accident that caused us to wait about an hour just east of Tucson, AZ on Sunday afternoon but other than that we blasted right through.
Note: Texas is huge.

As we were leaving.

All throughout Texas were speed signs that had different speed limits depending on the time of day. We also drove through a section of the I-10 East in Texas that had an 80 mph speed limit but at night was 65 and we drove through this section at night so we didn't make as good of time as we could have. We all know how fast I drive as it is.

Momma having a snack on Monday afternoon in Louisiana.

We drove on bridges for about 30 miles in between Lafayette and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. It was gorgeous.

Our first view of the Gulf of Mexico!! Momma was excited to see it again and we drove across Mobile, Alabama during sunset on Monday evening and the water was amazing all lit up with colors.

We got to the hotel in Orlando really really early this morning and crashed as soon as we were in the room. After our naps we were off to explore!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun. This is making me really want to go on a road trip. If only I didn't have three small munchkins to take with me. Awww, someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You SHOULD have stopped by and visited me!! I am just of I-10 east (and a little south) of Tucson! I seriously can't believe you drove across the country in 2 days. AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are proud that your road trip includes following the path of a champion. Please post pictures of the next Kobe Bryant spot on your list of places. Plenty of those in Philly!

    ReplyDelete