Mom and Zach will especially appreciate this. It was an early morning and I had some homework that needed to be printed out so I brought my laptop before Shakespeare. (That's a 9 am class if you were wondering with an hour commute.) We go to see "As You Like It" tonight at the Globe Theater right after my last class so I didn't want to have my backpack with me all night (seeing as you stand throughout the entirety of the play) so I ran home to drop it off and grab some lunch. Now, once I leave in the morning I'm usually out until I go home to go to bed at night so I never see Muswell Hill inhabitants during the day. But today, I was sure glad I did. Background: it is a beautifully sunny day with a cold wind and light traffic at 12:45 pm in a neighborhood.
I suppose I should inform everyone of the reason why this story is so funny. Mom, Zach, and I were at Costco a few years ago and there was an elderly couple shopping together. The husband was placing something in the basket when his wife snapped, "That's not how you put it in the basket." The husband's witty retort, "I didn't ask to come with you."
I suppose I should inform everyone of the reason why this story is so funny. Mom, Zach, and I were at Costco a few years ago and there was an elderly couple shopping together. The husband was placing something in the basket when his wife snapped, "That's not how you put it in the basket." The husband's witty retort, "I didn't ask to come with you."
The story, now. As Keith, Kare, and Heather will tell you, you can cross the street at any time with no risk of a J-walking ticket or anything here in London. But, you do this at your own personal safety and peril, for drivers here are seriously crazy and the roads don't exactly encourage safe driving habits. I was on my way to the bus from home in which I have to cross the street. An elderly couple are standing on the other side of the street waiting to cross. I saw that there was no traffic so I proceeded to cross the street. Now, this is a part of the neighborhood where there is an actual crosswalk with red lights for the cars and everything. But, seeing as there was no traffic, we, the other people waiting to cross the street and myself, crossed the street. Now, I see the wife stick her arm out in front of the husband to stop him walking forward. He looks up at her and says, with quite a bit of acid, "I know how to walk." I started laughing!!! It was hilarious. :) :)
I hope that wasn't too boring. It was absolutely hysterical.
Note: a Ninety-nine is called a Ninety-nine for no other reason than that is its name and it costs, most often, ninety-nine pence.
I hope that wasn't too boring. It was absolutely hysterical.
Note: a Ninety-nine is called a Ninety-nine for no other reason than that is its name and it costs, most often, ninety-nine pence.

love the story! wish i was there with you in costco and at the zebra crossing in england!
ReplyDelete