Saturday I spent the entire day at Buckingham Palace. Her Majesty is on holiday in Scotland during the months of August and September so part of the palace is open to the public. So I went and checked it out. Absolutely NO photos are to allowed to be taken inside the palace or in The Queen's Gallery so just take my word that it is the epitome of elegance.

The changing of the guard has a parade involved and this is the beginning.

These guys were talking to each other and strolling from one end of the courtyard to the other.

They came right up to where I was standing.

The back of the palace after touring the State Rooms. It was way crowded.


The gardens also include a nice lake that weaves in and out of sight.

A tour of the Royal Mews which is where all the carriages are kept. Of course today, with technology and all, this includes her majesty's 1950's Rolls Royce Phantom.

The carriage that is used for coronations. It weighs over 4 tons and takes 50 yards to come to a complete stop so it's not used very often. It's also, apparently, very uncomfortable to ride in.

You've found the entrance to the Ministry of Magic! Well done, Mate!
ReplyDeleteSo do the guys in the red jackets and tall poofy hats really not even look at you when you're standing right next to them? I've always wanted to try that out and see if it's real.
ReplyDeleteI've never even seen a Rolls Royce in person but I've always thought that would be a sweet ride. Maybe you could meet up with the Queen when she gets back from Scotland and ask for a ride. I'll bet the Rolls is more comfortable than that carriage!