Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Classes

The first classes are now done and they will be interesting, to say the least. A quick synopsis:

Art 100 will, quite honestly, suck. I'm not at all an art fan and the teacher just thinks she is the sun. She also has a very monotone voice and, when talking about art, will carry on forever. :(

English Lit will be great stuff. We start in the 1800's which is Dickens, Austen, and Bronte to name a few. :)

Shakespeare will be educational. The teacher is awesome (he is actually the teacher for all my classes except Art so it's great that I like him) and spent the day explaining all about Iambic Pentameter so I really do feel that I have a better grasp of it. But it has only been one day. :)

British Life & Culture will be good stuff. Today was a history of England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland. We'll be doing lots of trips and tours so I'm way excited about this class. :)

And I also went on an expedition today to find the Institute. Which I did locate but it's not open to hang out during the day like it is at home which is very sad because I was very much looking forward to being around people with cleaner mouths and who aren't constantly drinking. :(

3 comments:

  1. Holy moly, this all sounds so exciting! Well, all of it except that monotone art teacher, been there my friend. I am filling a tinge of jealousy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer about the institute, but cool about all the travelling and tours that you'll get to take. Make sure to take lots of pictures in Wales -- I've always wanted to go there ever since I was little and Dad read us that book about the Grey King when we lived in Mammoth Lakes. I don't remember the story, I just remember that it was set in Wales and I wanted to go there. Kinda weird what you remember from being a kid, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey whats wrong with that? it's just like hanging out at work : )

    ReplyDelete