Early tomorrow morning I set off for Krakow, Poland (pronounced Krakov). I'm excited to go on another weekend holiday and visit an Eastern European country plus it is forecasted to be snowing so that will be fun. (I'm hoping that coming back to London after the snow of Poland will seem warm to me but we'll see how that pans out.)
There is a lot of free time on this trip so I do plan to work on my final papers for two of my classes but also to see the history of the city. I like to walk and wander around and discover things and places by myself but won't be doing that on this trip, being in a country where I don't speak the language or understand the currency. (Poland kept their Zloty currency instead of switching to the Euro.)
Sunday is the visit to Auschwitz-Birkenau Concentration Camp. It will be a very emotional and difficult visit (I'm tearing up just typing about it right now) and I'm not sure about taking photos, if its allowed, respectful, or if I'll be able to emotionally so I'll just have to see when I get there.
I also don't know if I'll have internet access to update this here fabulous blog but if I do I'll update this on a nightly basis but if not I'll update it fully on Monday.

No comments:
Post a Comment