This morning I was up early to catch the train to Gatwick Airport (one of the five airports in London) and after arriving and going through security I found myself submerged in a European idea of an airport. Which is a shopping mall. There was a mini Harrod's, a Swarovski store, and one small sign in yellow pointing towards the hole-in-the-wall door leading to the terminals. Way different I was able to sleep for a little of the way on the plane and then we landed in Poland!!

Your Polish lesson for the day. This is the arrival gate. Our plan landed so far out on the tarmac that a bus had to come take us into the terminal.

We went for a little walk to the town square and we were there in time to see the end of the flower market. It smelled great and was really pretty.

They have a trolley system here in Krakow and this is one of the older trolleys. It gets just as full as a double-decker bus and they have their own lanes so traffic isn't as bad here as in London.

We ended up at a restaurant (I have the name but can neither spell it nor pronounce it so I'll save it and let you have a go.) and everyone got some traditional Polish dishes. I, being cheap as I am, brought food with me like I did when I went to Scotland (I was glad when they didn't take it at the airport) so I just sat and talked with everybody but when they decided to go check out a couple of pubs I took off and discovered that Krakow is rather small because after just a couple of minutes walking I was back at the hotel. Or perhaps I just hadn't walked as far as I thought I had. Probably the latter.

The Hotel Wyspianski at night. It's situated in a great spot about 15 blocks or so from the town square.
We had a bus ride into the hotel after leaving the airport and I was excited to be in a car that was driving on the RIGHT side of the road but when I got in and the bus started moving I felt a little off. I guess I've gotten more used to the British driving on the wrong side of the road than I would have thought. Scary thought.



No comments:
Post a Comment