Last night was "Wicked" in the cultural package and I was really looking forward to seeing it because I missed it when it was playing in Los Angeles.

Now, I'm going to be honest here (as this is my blog): I didn't like it. The dancing was good, the singing was great, the sets were colorful and magnificent, but the story was weak and the second act tried too hard to make all "The Wizard of Oz" connections that it didn't flow well to me. And with the ending, it changed "The Wizard of Oz" and it just wasn't what I thought it would be. I was way glad to go and see it and I did have a good time, I just wish it had had a stronger plot.


I think Alli didn't like it the first time she saw it either. But then she got the CD and now she LOVES it! I loved it the first time I saw it but maybe that is because I already knew the songs and story and knew what to expect. Don't give up on it just yet :)
ReplyDelete