Monday was back at it after a wonderfully relaxing weekend at the Lakes. :( But I did stumble on the building that does not exist, yet is very clearly there.

This is the MI6 Building. MI6 is actually not written down anywhere in the history of the country which therefore means it does not exist. They are Her Majesty's secret service, though they do the international security as well, but for that reason it was always accepted but never known as a fact. (The older citizens scoff when asked about the level of secrecy around MI6.)

Then for Art we went to the Tate Britain.

Then, the big one. The football match. Fulham Football Club versus Hull City. They are both Premier League teams though Fulham was the favorite. The match was supposed to be on the previous Saturday but both teams were doing so well that they pushed it to Monday so it could be televised. That added excitement; the club members were chanting on the tube before we were really near the stadium. I was told to just follow the crowd to the pitch after getting off at Putney Bridge Station and I thought they were joking a little. But, oh no. Horde is a better way to describe it. The closer we got the more and more people with yellow and black scarfs and jerseys got on. It became slightly intimidating. I, the nerd that I am, was of course wearing my Gryffindor scarf, but not sure what team was what color and if the yellow and red would offend anybody I took it off, just to be safe.

It's not anywhere near Rose Bowl size but the club members sure made enough noise for a Rose Bowl-sized crowd.

Fulham after the first goal.
I was amazed at how quickly the basics came back to me, even just watching. I would just like to point out that had Fulham had a far pole crasher for even just half of the game the score would have been much higher in their favor. There was lack of far pole crashing but these guys are extremely talented nevertheless.
There were two yellow cards, one for each team and the final score was:
Fulahm: 2 Hull: 0

We were in the Away section of the pitch (this sign really is posted). Needless to say, though the Hull club members were loud and very supportive, our end got a lot of smack talk talked toward us by the Fulham club members.
This was posted in the Euston Railway Station (where I left from on Friday to the Lakes). Now, the teams I saw do not have the following that Manchester United has. I asked a Virgin Train worker about how seriously they enforce the no alcohol rule and he stared at me and said that it was the farthest thing from a joke as possible and that it is forcefully enforced. I walked away quickly but it's a good way to show how serious the fans are here about their teams.


No comments:
Post a Comment