Saturday, October 10, 2009

London Architecture

We had a lecture on the architecture of the city on Tuesday in BL&C and on Thursday we had a walking tour to go look at all of it. It's pretty amazing to see such old buildings right next to skyscrapers. I also learned that banks that are no longer used as banks are the highest sought-after locations for pubs because they're pretty big, can hold lots of patrons, and are schnazzy. After the tour I had a couple hours to kill so I wandered around and found myself at St. Paul's Cathedral. There are some nice little grass garden-type things all around it so I had dinner, read the paper, and watched the setting sun reflecting off the gold on the cathedral.



The sun setting as I walked across the Millennium Bridge to the south side of London (which is pretty much the other side of the Thames.).

The evening's activity was going to see "Love's Labor's Lost" at the Globe theatre before the season ended. It was absolutely hilarious and way glad to go see it.

1 comment: