We started the last day of our Scotland trip with a tour of Edinburgh Castle. It was originally built 1,000 years ago but it's been knocked down and rebuilt so many times it's just a mix of many different architecture styles.

It hasn't been used as residence of the royal family since Charles I in the 1600's so the whole castle is open to the public.

The Scottish National War Memorial inside the castle complex. It has the name of every single person who has died in any battle since the 1700's right up to present day. Some beautiful stained glass inside.

The view from the top of the castle wall.

Irn Bru is Scottish soda like Guarana for Brazilians. It tasted similar too. Way strong and full of sugar but a nice little kick.
I've never been a "tour-sy" kind of person. (Point me in the direction of the the beach, and I am happy.) But your blog is really making me want to go check out some castles!
ReplyDelete