Monday, November 9, 2009

Temple

So, last Thursday I looked at my calender and realized that I had one more Saturday left in London and I had not been to the temple yet. I kept saying, "I'll go in a couple weeks, I'll go in a couple weeks" but then it hit me that I needed to go now if I was to go at all. I called the temple office and was able to make an appointment for Saturday morning at 10 am. It was a very early morning because the temple is 40 miles south of London so I had to take a train to get there. I had to be at the train station before the Underground was running if that gives you an idea of how early it was but I was very glad to be able to go.

I walked from the train station to the temple and right as I was worried I had walked too far I saw the welcome sign. Perfect location and perfect timing!

I hadn't checked the weather before leaving so I was only hoping that it would be just not raining. But I totally lucked out and there wasn't a single cloud in the sky. It was cold, as 7 am in November in the south of England is, but it was beautiful.

This is the Money Shot. I've never seen a reflection pool that's a lake before. Gorgeous.

Fall here is gorgeous and I find myself just taking pictures of trees and leaves.

The grounds were more like a park and in fact there were parents with their little kids just walking around and playing in the leaves. It was fun to watch.

I stayed longer than I planned and it got colder and windier as the day went on and some clouds came in as I was leaving but it was still a great day.

:)

2 comments:

  1. Those are some excellent pictures, Em! I'm glad to made it to the Temple; and I agree that the reflecting pond is pretty amazing.

    I can't believe you only have one more Saturday left. I'm sure for you it has flown by as well, but it seems to me that you just barely left. I guess time really does fly when you're having fun. :)

    ReplyDelete